Nov 3, 2016
Geraldine Wharry: S/S 2017 Catwalk Innovation: Colour Edit
Nov 3, 2016
Head to toe monochrome colour looks dominated the Spring Summer 2017 catwalks. What stood out the most for us at the studio was:
- less print and pattern (although just as beautiful and mesmerising when sown)
- an increase in solid colour statements
- luxe fabrics and treatments paired together to bring these strong colour choices to life
Within one collection a yellow could go from soft lemon to a dark sunflower. Therefore we chose to present to you the key catwalk colours in a gradient/ ombré style as shown below in our image gallery.
A number of key colours ranging from browns, nudes, kelly greens and aqua blues made for strong choices however for us the key hues were:
- Pinks and berries, evolving towards purple (as beautifully show here on Another Mag)
- Army green, no surprise here as Military is a key theme for SS17.
- last but not least, yellow as highlighted in our newsletter earlier this year
By Geraldine Wharry | Research contribution: Tanja Novak
SIGN UP + GAIN ACCESS TO THE FULL REPORT HERE
You will receive your complementary password, allowing you to view all of our inspirational reports and articles.
Geraldine Wharry is known for her thought provoking forecasts. Her fashion foresight and design studio injects new energy into brands design through:
+ FUTURE FORESIGHT
+ BRAND STRATEGY
+ FASHION DESIGN
+ CREATIVE COACHING
For more info email us at email@example.com
Copyright © 2021 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.